how to make Hooker 2455's fit

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
so while I was installing the T-56 in the Malibu I decided I was tired of the exhaust leaks, road clearance issues with the Hooker 2241's on my BBC. I bought a set of 2455's for the older BBC A-Bodys and made them fit. its a very straight forward deal. Besides a few hammer dimples you only need to move one tube, so I bought a 2" U bend from Speedway and went to town (thinking back if you had a way to cut an identical pie cut into the primary tubes where they come off the flange and bend down so you could tuck the header tighter to the block you wouldn't even need to move the one tube)
but anyway heres a small description and a few pics to answer some questions I've been asked

in this pic i had started cutting but the tube wasn't in pieces yet (forgot to snap the pic first...got excited lol) the upper cut wasn't all the way through, I just pie cut it and bent it pretty much 90° to the collector then welded it up
header1.jpg

and this one is after I test fitted them, tacked em up and welded them...I left the piece that I replaced there as a reference...you'll have to ding up a couple tubes just a little and trim the lower control arm mounts back but they are alot cheaper than the super comps...I've got about $375 in mine after having them coated
header3.jpg

and finally the finished product (crappy cel phone pic)

coated.jpg

all in all I probably spent 3-4 hours from start to finish

383malibufiend

Top Fueler
Mar 27, 2006
Lancaster PA
wow! thats awesome. you made out pretty well. ill have to remember that when i change to a big block. have you installed them yet?

McFly

Dragway Regular
May 22, 2003
Evansville, IN
What coating did you have put on them?

Looks pretty slick.

Seems like I remember someone on here using older body style super comps with a 2 1/8 tube and getting them to fit relatively easily.

I've searched but can't find the thread.

Anybody have any ideas?

Scott

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
here's the place that coated them for me http://www.performancecoatingsplus.com/
great people to deal with and they did a very nice job on the headers...as far as the big tubes....beats me but it should be pretty much the same mods as this

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
I moved that here to keep it from being pruned after a certain amount of time (1 year).

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!