Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL » General Discussion

Post subject: What is everyone up to?
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:17 pm 
MalibuRacing Junkie

Hey guys! Man, it's been a long time since I've been here. Honestly, participation in internet forums began as somewhat of a novelty to me, and grew into an everyday thing for a long while. I had a job that allowed me alot of time in front of the computer, and it became somewhat of an obsession. Eventually, it just got old. I no longer have much time for posting, but you guys will always kinda be like family.

I still have my Malibu, but work on the car has been stalled for a long time. I was going to sell it once, but the hassle was enough that I decided to keep it, and I don't know if I will ever try that again.

Forever a bachelor, I don't have any kids to update you on, but I do have a much younger sister who is about to graduate college and become a teacher. I had posted pics of her as a kid with my Malibu and with Chris Hansen of "Overhaulin'" fame, but she is all grown up now. We are all getting old guys!

It would be cool if any of you who still remember me would post up in the thread and just let me know what you guys are up to now. I hope all of you are doing great and hope you take a minute to post.

Take care, Tommy

Say goodbye to the world you live in
You've always been taking
And now your giving.

Seek and Destroy

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:54 pm 
Pro Stocker

hey Tom nice to hear from you..glad to hear life is treating you well....glad to hear you still have your inMalibu..just trying to get mine done otherwise just been taking it easy...

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:18 pm 
Top Fueler

Yep, remember you too. Seems like Facebook has killed the forum...myself, I post more over at Gbodyforum since there has been so little traffic on this site.

Have a couple wagons, and a coupe,all need something, of course.

Good to see an old familiar name

Brian

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:52 am 
Dragway Regular

Just working on my Nova currently( torn apart in garage) and the Malibu (outside,no cover)will have to wait till warmer weather.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:56 pm 
MalibuRacing Junkie

Welcome back, Tom! I'll admit I'm not on here as much as I used to be. Still VERY slowly moving along with Madge, mostly amassing parts. The weather has kept me out of the garage and I'm dealing with prehypertension caused by my boss. I get home at night and I just want to veg out...

Tommy

20k mile '80 Malibu, currently undergoing long term (aka no money) factory style install LS6 454, Cowl Induction, Legend LGT 700 5 speed. Full Global West suspension, 17" N90 wheels, 12" front/11" rear disc brakes, 9" 3.70 Auburn Pro posi.

"The older I get, the faster I was"

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 pm 
MalibuRacing Junkie

Hey Tommy, I'm still around. Board has been quiet so I've been on FB and Gbodyforum. Still plugging away on my car. Back surgery threw a wrench into the works but I'm all healed and back at it again.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:21 pm 
MalibuRacing Junkie

Good the hear from y'all! I've never had a facebook page, so that's a no-go. :) I haven't had anything to post since I stopped working on the car. I check in every now and then to see what's going on. Maybe someday I can start back working on the car and post up some sort of progress. I'll continue to look in every now and then, but probably won't post much, but I'll try to post a little more just to keep in touch.

Say goodbye to the world you live in
You've always been taking
And now your giving.

Seek and Destroy

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:25 pm 
Dragway Regular

Hey Tommy, good hearing you are well and still pluggin away. Good to hear you still have your Malibu. Your numerous posts still come to mind from a few years back. I still have mine, don't put many miles on yearly and have every intention on a significant road trip one of these days. It actually belongs to my son now but he's given me full custodial rights until I can't put her in drive anymore :) Don't do FB or any social media to speak of, but do check back here every so often. Very valuable site! Stay healthy and safe gentlemen!

Steve

12" B-Body Spindle/Brake Swap & Rear Frame Notch
Jeep steering shaft up-grade-Narrowed & Rechromed Bumpers
17"x7"-8" TT2's w/BF Goodrich G Force Sports 225/50/4.75" BS-255/45/4" BS
Ya gotta be lost to find a place thats never been found

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:32 pm 
Top Fueler

Hello Tom, and everyone else! Good to hear that you're all doing well, and still

I haven't been up to much either. As some of you may know, I sold my 1985 Monte Carlo a few years ago. I bought a 1978 Monte Carlo that is 100% race car. Since then, I've been collecting parts. I have pretty much everything I need to get it up and running, except the 2 biggest items....time, and motivation. The hours I work don't leave me much time to play with the car in the evenings, and Sunday is my only day off for 10 months out of the year. Family, house work/maintenance/repairs, and other obligations quickly take up my limited time off, and have an impact on my desire to work in the garage. If I could build up the desire and motivation (and time), it wouldn't be long before the fresh BBC, Powerglide, and all the other new parts I have sitting around to be dropped in the car, and we'd be off to the races! Until then....it's a nice conversation piece. LOL.

Take care everyone!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:08 am 
Amateur Racer

My car has been at the chassis shop since last august. Getting a 12 point moly cage, mini tubbed, front halfed from front a arms out, trz rack and steering column kit. All yea, and a big ### turbo lol. Should be interesting when done!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:40 pm 
Frequent Racer

I've been working on the interior of my El Camino. Trying to make it look better. Good to see you around here.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:32 pm 
Frequent Racer

Good to hear from you Tom. I still have my original Malibu (the gold one) but the primered big block car that I built here on this forum has been passed along. I had a thread for the engine build and the car build and last I looked I couldn't even find those. About 5 years ago I got heavy into Tri5 Chevys and built a 57 four door wagon daily driver. Then the gasser bug hit me and that is when I parted out the grey Malibu to build a gasser out of a 57 2 door sedan. I am nearing completion on that project now. I still check in here every now and then to see if anything exciting is happening.

1957 Chevy 210 4dr Wagon- Patinaed Daily Driver build in progress
ImageImage

Board index » GENERAL » General Discussion