Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL » General Discussion

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:59 pm 
Frequent Racer

This is my first time posting on the forum in quite a few years and it was nice to see an update from you and others still here. Once I sold my Malibu back in 2012 I moved on to other projects and eventually my connection to the forum here faded away. I still have a good friend or two I met through the forum and I always have checked in every now and then to see what others are up to. It's kind of strange when you don't hear from someone in a while on the forum. It feels like they cease to exist, but really all our live's ebb and flow and sometimes we just move on. Thank you for keeping the forum alive despite of this. It has always been the best place for G-body information and conversation.

corey

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:56 am 
Pro Stocker

First off, Thank you Phil for creating the best Malibu/gbody based site/forum on the internet. lord knows I have spent many hours browsing, posting, and most importantly learning here. Through the years it has always been run with class, respect, and good ole christian based values. I hope you know just how important this forum has been to the Malibu/Gbody community. Much respect for keeping this forum alive when going through so much personally and family wise. I still love these old Malibu's, although after building 34 of them I have grown a bit tired and bored of them, but still have one, and still drive it all the time. I too am dealing with a parent with Alzheimer's, my 82 yr old father is now in the final stages, and like you I spend a lot of time with and assisting my 82 yr old mother with their affairs, so I can totally understand your absence. Unfortuntely I don't visit the forum as much as I used to but still try to check in every once in a while. God Bless you and your family, and thanks again for all you've done for the Malibu/Gbody community!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:41 pm 
MalibuRacing Junkie

Hi Phillip-

I am guilty of fading away, but would like to fade back in some time. I had a lot happen in my life last year, including retirement and frequenting a Toyota forum to keep my Toyota going.

I haven't had much time for my Monte Carlo, lately. I have been concentrating on yard work, house work, downsizing, selling stuff, lots of doctor appointments, and so on (all the things that I could not do because work got in the way)...not as much hammock time as one would expect from a retiree.

We are probably about the same age, based upon parent's ages (81/86). I understand family comes first. My father is frail, and I see him when I can. My mother is in another country, so visitation is difficult but email is frequent.

I got a lot of enjoyment and brain food from this forum, and made new virtual friends. I hope it can remain intact.

Marc

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:51 pm 
Top Fueler

Have not been here in a long time but great to see it still alive and well. I have sent several people here over the years for g-body info . Maybe next project will be another g-body and I'll be back!

Livin' for Him 'cause He died for me.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:47 pm 
Amateur Racer

Agree with all the posters above me......while the place is an echo of its former self, the information on here is invaluable to past, present and future owners of G-bodies...

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:36 pm 
Dragway Regular

Hey Phillip,

Funny I was just browsing facebook and thought to check in, probably a rare occasion like yourself. I started coming on here back when you got the site started up, late 90's early 2000's? here i am now, 35 years old and expecting my own child, having moved on from Malibus and interests have changed. Back then information was few, far between and poor making your information and forum a top notch source! Many of these car forum boards have died off because of 'push notifications' (comes to you) vs 'pull notifications' (you have to find it). Our technology has made people want a more automatic process and even online community interaction such as facebook.

by no means does it need my approval or anyone - but I can sure understand where you could be in life. Whatever you decide to do, and when - you've got my support and thanks!

Cheers,

Blake

MalibuRacing wrote:
I wanted to give an update on where I am in my life right now. I'm sure the old timers and regulars have noticed my participation in the forums has been almost non-existent for some time now. Also, I haven't been updating the content on the website. To be completely honest, I have moved onto other things in life (some by choice, others not). My wife and I celebrated 30 years of marriage this year. My son graduated college in July with an Industrial Engineering degree. My Daughter graduated college in December with a Mechanical Engineering degree. My son still has the Father/Son Malibu that has been sitting on jack stands in my garage for the past 3 years or so. He says he is going to get it back on the road soon since he has completed college and has a good job now.

Personally, I have been busy with home projects and work. More recently, I have been assisting my Father that is suffering Alzheimer's. My Father is 83 years old and my Mom is 75. My Mother is in relatively good health, but cannot handle the full load of taking care of my Father. He has been in and out of the hospital with complications linked with Alzheimer's. My brother and I now spend a lot of time assisting my Mother taking care of my Father.

I still check in on the forums occasionally. I don't contribute due to no longer really having a personal involvement in the Malibu/G-Body arena, lack of time and frankly, a change in interests. I started the site as a source of information for others back when there really wasn't much information available for the 78-88 G-bodies. That has changed over time, especially with the advancement of the internet. Since I started the site as an extension of my hobby, I was never interested in profiting from the site. I did have sponsors and was able to pocket a few dollars, but it was primarily to offset the cost of hosting the site. I still have a few remaining loyal sponsors that I deeply appreciate their support in the past and present. I also appreciate the numerous regulars, contributors and moderators to the site and forums. This site has been responsible for meeting some awesome people, interesting people, learning a great deal about automotive related topics and a great waste of time. :D

Going forward, I will continue to keep the site operational as long as there seems to be some interest although my participation will continue to be limited. I have and will continue to respond to emails and PMs. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a happy new year.

Regards,

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:31 pm 
Dragway Regular

Thanks for the update. although I am not online much anymore, this site has truly been a blessing for me when I began my build.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:25 pm 
Frequent Racer

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear adout your father.

I had to sell my wagon, and I faded as well. Now I'm looking for another wagon :D

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:52 am 
MalibuRacing Junkie

been forever since I've been "active" also. I did recently purchase another bu (78) and had to come back here for a little fact checking...since I'm old and forget stuff. Lol.
Good to see a few originals still post.
MR has help countless people thru the years...thank you sir!

I feel bad for people who don't drink because when they wake up in the morning that is the best they will feel all day.
Frank Sinatra

Board index » GENERAL » General Discussion