What did U do to your G-body today??

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Gave up on overthinking how I was going to modify my fuel cell to work with my fuel system set up, and just ordered a new one. Should be here in a couple/few days, and I can get started on getting the fuel system done. Short block is assembled, heads being finished....things are starting to come together finally!!!

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
So this will never have dirt on it, right? I mean as long as I've seen pictures of bits & pieces of it you could eat off the thing ;)[/quote]
oh no,i can't wait to start beating on this thing. party_dance.gif it'll all be worth it

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
grizwald said:
Gave up on overthinking how I was going to modify my fuel cell to work with my fuel system set up, and just ordered a new one. Should be here in a couple/few days, and I can get started on getting the fuel system done. Short block is assembled, heads being finished....things are starting to come together finally!!!

Gotcha beat! I bought my new fuel tank back in January, and it's JUST going in the car now! :lol:

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
malicad said:
grizwald said:

Gotcha beat! I bought my new fuel tank back in January, and it's JUST going in the car now! :lol:

LOL. I won't comment...who knows how long it'll be before I have the time to actually INSTALL my fuel system once I have the parts!

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Went to pick up the wagon today from the shop that installed the hard fuel line. They didn't have gas (?!) so they told me to bring 5 gallons or so. Fueled it up, cranked away..........and nothing. Hmmm. Very quiet Aeromotive pump buzzing away, no pressure at the rail. Oh, hell no. Not again. After about 15 minutes of troubleshooting, had a wacky idea of switching the pos and neg for the pump. Maybe the pump was running backwards? Longshot, but what else could it be? Turned out it WAS running backwards! After swapping the leads around, the fuel system primed and fired up within 10 seconds. Settled into a nice idle. I am 100% sure I installed and wired the pump assembly correctly, so much so, that I told the guys from the shop to drop the tank, and if I DIDN'T hook it up right, I'd pay TWICE what my bill is, and get each of them a case of beer. One small leak was found and corrected, and I pick it up after work tomorrow! I am super stoked! Bought it in December and only drove it 30 miles or so. Nice to have a running car again! Now, I need to get my other ones done! ](*,)

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
So happy to have gotten my wagon back. Runs excellent. Changed the oil today (really needed it...totally black) and cruised with my older brother for about an hour. Has really decent power for a TPI 5.0L, but it won't break the tires loose from a stop. Has a 2.41 rear gear, though, so no surprise there! Went to a local certified truck weigh station just to see what it weighs...paid my $11, and...drum roll, please...................................................................3620# with half a tank of gas. Cool. Thought it'd be heavier.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i changed the timing chain cover seal.i thought it was gonna be a huge chore seeing how the motor was in the car and everything.i used my harmonic balancer installer tool with an old crank gear i turned down to help index it evenly.it worked very very well,i recommend it to anyone changing this seal in the car.

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Drove my wagon to work today. It's awesome to cruise it, even if it is just to go to work! Has a little drivability issue, but even so, every time I take it out I get a thumbs up from somebody. Who knew wagons were so cool, lol?

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
Drove the stocker to C&C this morning and toured around the counties

20121191_10156315792240278_8688702905681150358_o.jpg

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
Had to shuffle around engines in my garage so I can sell the turbo 267 to its new owner so the brown machine saw daylight again

20451802_10156381891565278_7453395475829452023_o.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!