PAINTED BUMPERS

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
I have a question to any 1 who's painted their bumpers to match the car's body color. When you paint the bumpers the same color as the rest of the car...is this the original factory bumpers? Or is this done by getting aftermarket race weight fiberglass bumpers??? Can this be achieved usuing either stock or aftermarket fiberglass bumpers? Any info, would be appreciated. Thanks!

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i painted my stock bumpers after sandblasting them.you could use aftermarket glass ones too,just depends on what your looking for.

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
Thanks melloelky! I think I may just go with the stock bumper (since mines are very workable) route...after sandblasting. Thanks for the info...I really appreciate it! Cuz for awhile, I thought they were all race weight fiberglass bumpers........

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
MUSCLEALMIGHTY said:
Thanks melloelky! I think I may just go with the stock bumper (since mines are very workable) route...after sandblasting. Thanks for the info...I really appreciate it! Cuz for awhile, I thought they were all race weight fiberglass bumpers........
no problem.i chose to sandblast my chrome(i blast everything for paint) but you could sand the crap out of them with a sander if you don't want to have them blasted.if so,just be sure to get rid of the shine so the primer will have a good surface to stick to.think like this,primer won't adhere to a smooth shiny surface like chrome so the key is to rough it up and use a good primer and your ok.alot of us use this time to narrow our bumpers also since your already there doing the work \:D/ .

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
WOW! THIS IS AN OLDIE THREAD!! SIMPLE....MEASURE THE EXTRA SPACE..THEN CUT THE EXACT AMOUNT MEASURED...WELD IT UP! SOME PEOPLE, LIKE USING THE PIECE THAT GOT CUT OUT, AS A REINFORCEMENT. THAT WOULD MAKE THE PIECE STONGER TOO. OTHERS JUST BUTT IT UP. THERE WAS I TIME, I THOUGHT IT THIS WAS PRETTY HARD TO DO. NOT THE CASE NOW...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!