bucket seats and tracks

pabloairmale

Weekend Racer
Sep 18, 2007
queens ny
Hello, I bought this 81 that had toyota seats in it. I changed them out for scion seats but are way to high.
I was wondering if I can cut out a tube that runs across the floor. its under the old tracks and the car had a bench seat. Is this part of the bench track or is it a support for the floor. thanks guys.

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
If you're talkin about what I think you're talkin about don't mess with it as that is your floor support brace,If the scion seats are to tall then get rid of them and go with something else,I have a set of Pro Car buckets in mine and have them sitting pretty low,late model Cavalier & it's Pontiac cousin,Camaros,Firebirds and I believe Grand Prix's and Luminas all fit reletivly well,you do however need the G-body mounts and tracks to match the Malibu floor unless you're a good fabricator and can make something else work and depending how low you want to sit you may have to modify them as well,Hope that helps! KillerDave

flatblack79

Pro Stocker
Feb 28, 2010
Stockbridge, Georgia
The guy that i bought my car from put a pair of seats out of a toyota truck i think i know they are toyota they fit ok. i eventually will put a race seat in but i will have to go faster before i do that. id put the yota seats back in if you still have them. just my .02

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
If this is what you're referring to..........

brace.jpg

..............KillerDave is correct - it's a floor brace - do not cut it out.

hypeboy

Daily Driver
Aug 4, 2011
hi sir I was just wondering how much are the toyota parts seats! I'm going to replace my seats it's now kinda old and dirtyyy.. thanks mate sorry for late posting

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!