Valspar paint any good?

FOFITTYFO

Frequent Racer
Jul 5, 2009
Van, Tx.
Is Valspar a decent paint company? Thats the brand I went with when we painted the car. I used ALL Valspar supplies. Hope y'all don't tell me any horror stories! Rodney...

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
My condo was just painted inside with Valspar seems like good stuff.

Z-man

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2006
Barnesville MN/ Fargo ND
Valspar owns house of color and thay have some good stuff.

FOFITTYFO

Frequent Racer
Jul 5, 2009
Van, Tx.
Thanks for the feedback guys. I wet sanded for 4 hours sat and sunday, buffed it with 3m compound, then with finess-it, then hand waxed. Finished tuesday nite and it turned out great! Ya'll gave me some good tips and I had the confidence to git it dun. Pics to follow. Thanks again. dancin_banana.gif

FOFITTYFO

Frequent Racer
Jul 5, 2009
Van, Tx.
I hear ya! I'm going to tint the windows next then I'll post some pics. I don't want ya'll to see my unfinished interior! I just put on a new dash cap I scored on ebay but that's all I've done to the inside other than installed the cage. Needs new carpet, door panels, paint the cage, install all plastic trim etc... I got way more time than $! :lol:

FOFITTYFO

Frequent Racer
Jul 5, 2009
Van, Tx.
It's just old school single stage acrylic enamel Dennis. It did turn out ok for my first time I think. I should've sanded it a bit longer but after 4 hours of sanding, I was DONE! I'm going to throw some tint on the windows then I'll post a few pics. Thanks for the good tips! =D>

BMR Sales

Frequent Racer
Nov 20, 2008
FOFITTYFO said:
It's just old school single stage acrylic enamel Dennis. It did turn out ok for my first time I think. I should've sanded it a bit longer but after 4 hours of sanding, I was DONE! I'm going to throw some tint on the windows then I'll post a few pics. Thanks for the good tips! =D>
Hey singl stage a/e is good paint as long as you used the hardener. Glad to see you didn't buff thru the paint. Can't wait to see the pics.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!