"Blitz Black" Info Link

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
With a lot of gearheads(myself included) looking for an inexpensive way to preserve their rides until the pocketbook catches up to the costs of paint, John Deere "Blitz Black" is a great alternative. My brother shot it on his son's 56 ford 1/2 ton and it looked pretty good. It also is paint, not primer and not as likely to have rust issues over the short term.
An information link below. A lot of additional info highlighted in this article.

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/john-deere-blitz-black-31993.html?highlight=blitz+black

bukweet

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
TTT

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
TTT

POTTSIE

Daily Driver
May 22, 2008
ENID ,OK
THE PART NUMBER IS TY25669 AND YOU CAN GET IT AT ANY DEERE DEALERSHIP, AG OR CONSTRUCTION..........IT COSTS ONLY 30 $ A GAL.............AND IT COVERS GREAT!!!

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
I work for the local John Deere dealer in my town so I guess I know what I will doing soon. Never even thought about using it on my car. I think we even have some in stock in the parts dept... 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
Charlie,
I might consider painting my wreck using this paint. It's got to look better than a white, primer spotted longroof. Besides, it would be a good temporary coat of paint unlike primer which is porous and will bleed thru.

A friend of mine told me about this paint awhile back. He painted his chopped '50 Mercury with John Deere "Blitz Black"....it looks awesome.

Another guy told me about using Rustoleum semi-flat black. I think I'd lean towards the John Deere stuff.

Thank you sir.

Jack

glenh

Amateur Racer
Mar 14, 2008
Olive Hill,Ky
Way back when my brother and I used to dirt track,we always looked for the cheapest way out when it came to paint.Believe this one or not(and I'm sure most will not,unless they try it!),but we used to use the old True Value Hardware paint-I believe it was X-O Rust,but I'm sure most any brand would work fine.We thinned it with...........gasoline!!!!We all know how fast gas evaporates,and when it's sprayed in a fine mist,evaporation is even faster,which caused the paint to dry(under fairly warm conditions),much like a laquer primer does-super fast!!This limited and virtually eliminated the possibility of runs,and I guess the fast drying process was also responsible for the amazing shine and hardening of the paint.It looked like an expensive paint job and no one ever believed it was $20/gallon X-O Rust.Like I said though,I don't think the brand had anything to do with it,but I do believe using gasoline as the thinner had everything to do with the results.Don't doubt it,try it!!!!!
BTW,our cars were always white,and there was never any "oily" look or other discoloration of the paint.

Glen

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!