Inner Fender Finish

richamer1

Frequent Racer
Oct 17, 2004
New Carlisle, Oh
Flat, satin, semi gloss or gloss. Mine have been painted a few times. I have them out and wanted to repaint them correctly.

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
The inner fenders are not painted from the factory. Just raw plastic. That being said, I think a semi-gloss (70 to 80%) would look great and match what others think "underhood black" should look like. Just my opinion, though :)

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i blasted mine and sprayed them sem hot rod black,just the rite amount of sheen.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I didn't paint mine, just cleaned them up. They look brand new...

Tommy

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I'll probably paint mine, but haven't had the front clip apart... when we put the car back together we put the clip on as a complete unit.

200KSS

Frequent Racer
May 27, 2003
Southeast Missouri
SEM Landau Black.

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
200KSS said:
SEM Landau Black.

I dont know if youve used this on yours but I did mine with this about 5 years ago. Never got the car running. My buddy liked the look and used the SEM under the hood of his Corvette. A month later he has blisters in the paint. I called SEMs customer support and one of their techs told me it should not be used under the hood because it wont stand up to the heat of the engine. Its made specifically for interiors.

Considering the location of the headers, I stripped the SEM Color Coat off and resprayed them with SEM Hot Rod Black. Its a 2K paint thats about an 80% gloss. I figured it would be easier to do since they werent in the car already.

FYI, if you want to strip the layers of paint off without messing up the plastic, Pep Boys sells an aerosol stripper for flexible plastic. Ive used it on interior parts and a couple of radiator shrouds. It works well.

200KSS

Frequent Racer
May 27, 2003
Southeast Missouri
Yes, I've used SEM Landau Black on the plastic inner fenders of 3 G-bodies now, 2 of which have headers, and have not had any issues with the paint bubbling due to heat.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!