wagon lexan

82wagon

Weekend Racer
Mar 31, 2010
Has anyone used lexan for the long rear windows and the rear door windows? Ive seen some pics but wanted some info. I havent pulled my windows out yet so im not sure what ill be getting into. Also what have you used?

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
Guy named Tony that used to post here did. I believe he cut his own from sheet stock

Attachments

• tonywag1.jpg
    tonywag1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 3,434

82wagon

Weekend Racer
Mar 31, 2010
Has anyone else put lexan windows in their wagon. Pics.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Not much to it. Rear windows are fixed and can slide into the factory track openings. Hardest part about the long rear windows is getting them not to pucker based on fastener selection and lexan thickness. I had some cracking issues a long time ago, but was using too thick of a material. Vibration made it crack at the corners of the "diamond". Sorry, no pics of it.

82wagon

Weekend Racer
Mar 31, 2010
Supe said:
Not much to it. Rear windows are fixed and canok slide into the factory track openings. Hardest part about the long rear windows is getting them not to pucker based on fastener selection and lexan thickness. I had some cracking issues a long time ago, but was using too thick of a material. Vibration made it crack at the corners of the "diamond". Sorry, no pics of it.

Thanks for the replies. What did you use to fasten yours in? I was just going to use rivets. also how thick of a material did you use. Are you using real lexan or something else? On the long rear windows was there already material there to rivet to or did you have to weld in pieces to bolt the windows in? I havent taken my windows out yet.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
I had used machine screws and nylocks. I wouldn't go any thicker than 1/8" or so back there, personally. I didn't weld any extra material back there, but can't remember just how tight/flush it was to the factory sheet metal.

stafford67

Daily Driver
Oct 22, 2014
MWC Oklahoma
Holy Smokes that is an old photo of my wagon.

I know it is way late but cut all of my glass out of a sheet of lexan then fasten them in with rivets.
worked really well.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!