whistling wagon

shewbu

Daily Driver
Jan 7, 2010
my wagon is a 80 malibu. I am at wits- end trying to find out where the terrible whistling noise is coming from when I reach speeds of 45 mph or more. Sounds like it is coming from top of windshield but have taped stuff off and had windshield guy remove chrome and reinstall with double sided tape and foam tape etc, and it made NO difference. It has a cowl induction hood. I wonder if there is anyone else out there who may have experienced this with this model. I would be grateful for any suggestions. HELP
Doug

jsiler

Dragway Regular
Nov 6, 2009
Dayton, OH
Its hard to tell without driving it.But I had a car do that once and it was coming from the weather strip around the doors.If they are not making a good seal,they could make that noise.

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
We had a thread about this a while (years?) back and it seemed to be a common issue with the '80 models.....I own two of them (both '80) and have had a '78 and '79 in the past. Both '80s do it and the others didn't....this coupled with the fact that I also did the whole windshield trim/door mirror trial and error and it had no effect led me to believe it's something to do with the header panel/headlight rings/grill area and the noise is traveling......I came to the conclusion that the volume knob on the radio and/or the exhaust note would fix it lol

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Try taking your roof rack off. Also, do you run an open element air cleaner? Try a stocker if you can. Carbs whistle sometimes...

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!