I cannot find the paint code ...........

bigcutty82

Daily Driver
Apr 12, 2013
what do I do next? I've checked and the car has no stickers on it anywhere, I researched as best I could for about four hours last nite and the only thing I can come up with for a 82 model is goldwing .....or something to that effect! I want to keep the same color because the body is strait and I won't to have to sand it down to the metal. This will be my first paint job ....can someone help me on this specific color and being a first timer what do you suggest I use for paint ...here's a pic of the car so you can kinda glimpse at the paint color....thanks guys !

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
82 doesn't have a service parts identification sticker. That started in 85. Look at the Fisher body trim tag on the cowl below the windshield. it should be something like the tag on a Malibu, so it should show something like "_ _ L" and "_ _ U". The numbers in the blanks are the GM paint codes... The "L" is the lower body paint color, the "U" is the upper body paint color. If it's not a two-tone the numbers are the same for both "L" and "U".

Tommy

bigcutty82

Daily Driver
Apr 12, 2013
LS6 Tommy said:
82 doesn't have a service parts identification sticker. That started in 85. Look at the Fisher body trim tag on the cowl below the windshield. it should be something like the tag on a Malibu, so it should show something like "_ _ L" and "_ _ U". The numbers in the blanks are the GM paint codes... The "L" is the lower body paint color, the "U" is the upper body paint color. If it's not a two-tone the numbers are the same for both "L" and "U".

Tommy
Tommy, thanks ...that's where it was and here's what I got

82 11A 3GR47 M 370997
63N 68L 63T L
A65 C04
NB1
G1586

I have no clue :oops:
I take it the paint codes are the 63n 68l and 63t....and thanks for your help , bro !

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
If you're going to keep it, you don't want to paint over the lacquer that's on it now...better to strip it and start fresh. Over time, the OE paint WILL fail

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
It was originally a two-tone. 68L= Medium Sanstone Metallic lower, 63U= Pastel Sandstone upper. the "L" by itself indicates lacquer paint. 63N/63T= Pastel Sanstone interor & vinyl top. I don't remember whether N or T indicates the top or interior, but I think the T is the top...

Tommy

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
It was originally a two-tone. 68L= Medium Sanstone Metallic lower, 63U= Pastel Sandstone upper. the "L" by itself indicates lacquer paint. 63N/63T= Pastel Sanstone interor & vinyl top. I don't remember whether N or T indicates the top or interior, but I think the T is the top...

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!