ebay floor patch pans?

fastrat350

Top Fueler
Oct 25, 2003
South Texas
www.freewebs.com
Has anyone tried the patch panels for the front floor portion from ebay? If so how was the material and fit? Was there enough material to cut to fit? And if these are junk whats a good place to get a pair of front floor pan patch panels?

These are the front pans from ebay im talking about:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-88-El-Camino-Malibu-Regal-Cutlass-Front-Floor-Pans-Pair-/150904042925?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1979%7CModel%3AMalibu&hash=item232294f5ad&vxp=mtr

thanks in advance

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
I've never heard of that company before but most parts like that are made a little over sized.then again for a hundred dollars it's still better parts to work with than a plain sheet of metal.it's got the lines rolled in it so it's already stronger than a piece of sheet metal off the shelf to start.I'd use something like that vs a piece of stock.i know Sherman makes nice stuff but depends on your budget too.

hammer534

Daily Driver
Sep 21, 2009
Lincoln, NE
I bought the drivers side patch and wow they are junk. They are not stamped out like the older stuff is. The panels have cuts in them where they bent them up to the firewall. I can send you pics if you would like to see what they look like and how bad they are.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
you guys are talking about patch panels,just that,it's a patch,they're gonna take some work and some effort to make it work for you.if you want $omething to drop in place buy an entire floor pan and drill the spot welds out and drop the pan in place and feel better about your$elf.if nothing else,you get what you pay for.

hammer534

Daily Driver
Sep 21, 2009
Lincoln, NE
I got patchs from OPG for my A body and they drop right in, cut out your old floor and weld in the new one. That one from eBay are junk, not even close to the floors orginal stamping.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!