DOES ANYONE HAVE ONE LAYING AROUND?

LIVE4RDO

Frequent Racer
Jul 21, 2010
Staten Island, NY
Hey guys.

Anyone have one of this brackets for sale? I would prefer in a good condition, or if you have access to a sandblaster, I'll pay for it to be blasted and painted.

Thanks.

photo-76.jpg

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
Re: I HAVE A DILEMMA

unless something has changed recently you can't buy them new. The plastic piece is a blow out tab it's supposed to keep the window from being sucked out of the weatherstrip at highway speeds....I think it was something that GM added after '78...both my '80s have them but I've seen some early cars without them. Personally I would look around and try to find a matching one with the tab to go along with the one you have. When I did mine I used a small toothbrush sized wire brush and some adhesive cleaner to clean the old stuff out, if you don't get it all out it won't hurt too much but you need to clean out as much as possible because that outer lip is what holds onto the new strip.

oh and the stuff on the body side is easy.....truck camper weatherstrip tape works when you cut it down fyi

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl

you want the rubber sponge part to stay on the topside for sealing purposes. As far as scrapping the other side I used some 3m adhesive remover and a thin screwdriver for the small channel. If you look for used ones you should be able to grab some from a Monte or other coupe

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey

t5montecarlo said:
I think the 3M adhesive remover is what is needed.

X2. Makes a crappy job almost not crappy...

Tommy

LIVE4RDO

Frequent Racer
Jul 21, 2010
Staten Island, NY
ANYONE

TTT

LIVE4RDO

Frequent Racer
Jul 21, 2010
Staten Island, NY
bump_sign.gif

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
I have 2 of those brackets. Both are the original finish and neither are perfect. They get tweaked over the years. If you are interested in ones that are not perfectly straight, let me know and I will take pictures.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
The OP showed a window blow out tab...

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!