El Camino quarter window felt replacement

78ElkySS

Weekend Racer
May 22, 2003
Crestview, FL
Just wanted to see if anyone had any information on reinstalling the quarter window glass. I bought new seals and pulled the old gunk out of the windows. I am guessing it some sort or window sealant but it was still very pliable and stuck to everything. For those of you who have changed these already, what did you use to seal them back in and was there any lessons learned when doing it? I am going to go down and get some 3m window sealant and give it a shot tomorrow, just wanted to see if anyone was successful putting them back in.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i reinstalled my 1/4 windows a while back.i used butyl tape from the local autobody supply store.i had to do one twice because i needed to add some to one spot,it is kinda trial and error if you've never done it before.its not hard just kinda a pain.if you have any bare metal spots there you should put some primer on it before you put the sealer on it.i used 5/16's butyl tape.after i put the tape on i hit it with a heat gun before i set the glass in place and set the glass in and applied pressure.keep your glass hardware handy so you can set it up after.i used a spray bottle after to spray the outside of the glass to check for leaks before i put the interior back in.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!