scratch removal

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
bought a new car less than 24 hours ago..and it got keyed already..thing isnt even registered yet :x anyone tried that nu finish scratch remover? i dont think it goes under the clear..just looking for options and opinions thanks guys

2doorBu

Frequent Racer
Sorry to hear but that really sucks.

If you carry insurance and you just purchased the car the insurance company can usually extend coverages to it. Of course you would need Comprehensive coverage and would have a deductible.

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
CIMG3420.jpg

i still dont get who or why it was keyed..im pretty p.o'ed about it and i hope it comes out..

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i'm sorry to see that.some people's kids.i've never used any of those products but i work in a bodyshop and the old rule of thumb is,if the scratch catches your fingernail as you drag it across it,it won't completely come out.it's to bad your not closer i'd try and buff it out for ya.read up on what the guy's on here are saying about those products.we get people dropping by asking to see if scratches will come out some times.when you get your new ride on the road see if a place near you will give it a try may have some luck.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
There are a lot of absolute wastes in this world; I have no patience for that sort. I feel your pain and wish I could offer you a positive solution, but since the scratch looks white, it has likely gone through the color. The scratch remover stuff on TV used to contain a dye. I don't know if that is true with the newer stuff.

jmerc

Amateur Racer
Sep 23, 2009
staten island, ny
I would reccomend you go to a good body shop and have them tackle the job. Ive had some luck with a good wetsanding then polishing compound but if youve never done it yourself I wouldnt try, its best left to the pros. Whatever you do make sure you dont give the offenders another chance to do it again after its fixed. Good Luck

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!