Header panel questions

Jayz79

Amateur Racer
Sep 17, 2010
algonquin,IL
Hello all. I picked up a 79 header panel with core support this weekend. My malibu came with a newer 4 headlight header panel and grille. I want to convert back to the 79 grille and 2 light setup.

Do I need to switch my core support or fenders to complete this task? It won't be till summer, but some information would be helpful in order to start looking for other parts if needed.

Thanks.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
You can modify the 4 light radiator support to work with the '79 header panel, but IMO using the 2 light support is a cleaner install.

Tommy

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i'm not sure if this helps but i had to modify an older style support to work with my newer style 4 headlight mounting panel and older style fenders i'm using.i'd say hold the header up your gonna use with the help of a friend and see where it lands in conjunction to the fenders and look to see whats gonna if anything has to be removed/modified to make something fit inside where the panel and support may hit each other or something like that.when i was holding mine up it was apparent what wasn't gonna work and what had to be removed.i'm sure once you get started you'll figure it out.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!