Filler panel question

jleon401

Daily Driver
Aug 4, 2009
Clay, AL
Is there a difference in the landau filler panel and regular malibu filler panel, the panel behind the back glass?

O. D. Showtime

Top Fueler
Nov 23, 2003
Regina SK Canada
I don't believe the actual panel is different...well it does have the tabs on top for the chrome trim the Landau had...

p7180040.jpg

p7180041.jpg

knock the tabs off and you're good to go.

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
I've got one...where are you located? I also have seen (a while back) something similar to a stud gun that welds these nubs onto any piece of metal. So, if you have a regular filler panel, with careful measurement, you COULD make one. But, the cost of the gun is probably super-expensive. I'll see if I can put a picture up here today.

khari young

Daily Driver
Jan 17, 2011
Thanks malicad I only need the filler panel so far. In black. I'm located in Douglasville ga, 15 miles outside atlanta ga

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
If you mean the filler panel between the bottom of the back window & the trunk lid, IIRC the Landau also had a window trim peice with a grain to it & it got painted to match the vinyl top...

Tommy

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Found my filler panel. I can take some pics of it tomorrow and post them here. I know you said you needed one from a Landau, but mine was from a full vinyl top car. I don't know if those little tabs are welded in the correct place for the Landau trim piece. Anybody know for sure? :-k

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Yes, the filler panel is the same shape between all the coupes. But, is the position of the mounting tabs that are welded on the filler panel in the same position between the landau and full vinyl top models is what I'm asking. If so, then my vinyl top filler panel will work for his landau top coupe, and accomodate his trim piece.

lasttime78

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2011
Just outside Rochester, New York
Not sure, I could not find anything on rear deck filler panel for Malibu's Older yes and other cars yes. Malibu 78-81 NO??

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!