duel headlight header panel help

rpoudrier

Weekend Racer
Nov 29, 2008
mass
i want to run a duel headlight header panel on my 79 malibu.
will i be able to use my original radiator support, or is there one specific for the duel headlight

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
rpoudrier said:
i want to run a duel headlight header panel on my 79 malibu.
will i be able to use my original radiator support, or is there one specific for the duel headlight
i picked up an older support for my 82 and had to modify the headlight opening area quite a bit.the idea is to make room for the lights and it's wiring.you basicly need to hold up the newer 4 headlight header panel and take a look behind the support to see what has to be removed.its quite a bit.its not hard but just need to make more room in there.i found that the newer header panel doesn't line up with the orginal holes that held the old two light version in the ends of the fenders.i put a tape measure on mine the holes are roughly 7 by 9.i could text you a picture if it helps.where in mass are you?

rpoudrier

Weekend Racer
Nov 29, 2008
mass
i live in douglas. would the mounting holes line up from a dual headlight radiator support?

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
rpoudrier said:
i live in douglas. would the mounting holes line up from a dual headlight radiator support?
its not that the header panel holes don't line up with the support,the holes don't line up with the older style fender holes

rpoudrier

Weekend Racer
Nov 29, 2008
mass
found out that i need to swap out the fenders. since the dual headlight marker lights are located in the fender instead of the corner of the header panel.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
rpoudrier said:
found out that i need to swap out the fenders. since the dual headlight marker lights are located in the fender instead of the corner of the header panel.
i had those fenders with the marker lights with the dual light model and switched to the older ones because i liked them better but i didn't have to.are you saying you have to switch?or you just want to to retain the side markers?both style fenders worked with the dual headlight set up for me.maybe i'm not understanding what your saying
still008.jpg
still007.jpg

rpoudrier

Weekend Racer
Nov 29, 2008
mass
i think i will have to check with the mass laws and see if i need the markers. do the markers in the fenders flash with turn signals. i got enough problems with local police i dont need to give them anything else to complain about

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
they don't flash,front or back do not.i filled them in the back too,something tells me a guy at an inspection station isn't gonna look to see if you have any.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!