Windshield chrome trim installation

79BuOwner

Amateur Racer
Jul 11, 2011
Does anyone know how to install the chrome windshield trim? ive tried looking on the internet and can't seem to find anything. Also ive looked at it, and tried putting an extra clip on the chrome itself, to see how it grabs, not too much of the clip to grab, and whats the easiest way to install it? i remember i read its easier to put the clips on the car and pop the chrome in, so i tried, and i can't get it pushed down enough to get it to clip without bending. Need help.

Thanks, Travis

tiedyemike8

Frequent Racer
Oct 28, 2009
Naperville, IL
First make sure you are using the right clips, there are a few different types. Assemble the three pieces of trim first and lay them in place. You should be able to just push down on the trim and get it to clip into place. Has the windshield been replaced? If it was and the installer didn't press it down far enough it can be difficult or impossible to get the trim to attach. It's best to install the trim while the urethane is still soft. If the windshield hasn't been replaced I have to assume you have the wrong clips, because it usually isn't much trouble to install that stuff.

79BuOwner

Amateur Racer
Jul 11, 2011
yeah it was the wrong clips spent $20 to get dixiemontecarlos clips and their all wrong. so pretty ticked about that. but i went and bought the rights ones and got it all in.

mobileaudio25

Frequent Racer
Aug 3, 2011
columbus ohio
i was having trouble too. so the easiest way is to install all of the chrom trim to one another and then just push it down on the clips which are already clipped in with the body correct?

464elcamino

Amateur Racer
Mar 28, 2010
alton illinois
Correct and Napa has the good clips in stock IIRC they are like 6 bucks for 14 or so.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!