Quarter end panel help and other body pieces.

79BuOwner

Amateur Racer
Jul 11, 2011
so i finally got the car painted, and were putting it back together. i put both quarter end panels on but i forgot the trim, so i went to put them on, what screws go in the holes? is it the little stubby chrome ones, that are around 1/4 inch long, but for the middle one, it looks like it has to have a clip like what goes on the tailights for the housing, not sure what there called. but then the little screw doesnt look like its long enough. :-k Does anyone have any pictures of how the quarter end panel trim works, and also on the header panel, it seems to be lower than the hood in the middle, how do i adjust that? maybe the two skinny screws in the back of the hood near the windshield adjust the hood up and down in the front? im not sure. i just want it put together, so it can be finished, but i want things to line up somewhat. the hood doesn't have an even line on both sides and the front, so i met that half way where it looks alright. I can't seem to figure out how to get that right either. one more thing on the header panel the parking lights near the grill what two bolts hold each down through the top? When i took the header panel off, i put all the screws bolts nuts, ect. in a tackle box with the spacers to keep them seperate, but never labeled, and that was back in june so i don't really remember what goes where, it really stinks :| to top it all of this is a 79 malibu classic, that should help because i know the end panels are different on other years.

Thanks, Travis.

79BuOwner

Amateur Racer
Jul 11, 2011
okay, i figured all of this out, except the quater end panel trim, apparently i didnt label screws when i thought i did, so i have no clue what they look like, and i have odds and ends, im starting to just rig it up but throwing screw, nuts and bolts in here and there, just to get it together.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!