door hinge problem

79BuOwner

Amateur Racer
Jul 11, 2011
Ok, i have the door hinge off the car and off the door, the doughnut shaped roller, that the door lever rides on when it opens is all cockeyed and it seems like the inner part is missing on the bottom side, what are these rollers even called, and how to fix it or if i need to order another one, where? i tryed dixie and ordered a hinge pin and bushing repair kit, figured out that wasnt it, so im stuck with that. i don't think dixie carries them though.

IndianaLarry

Amateur Racer
Jul 8, 2010
Crawfordsville,Indiana
I would just bite the bullet and buy one off of e-bay.
I bought mine from the seller "Old barn classics" they sell used with new bushings installed.
They come bead blasted and primered.

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
I have not seen that part available, unless you buy a new set of hinges. If you find them let us know as I'd love to fix mine

79BuOwner

Amateur Racer
Jul 11, 2011
what we did was fill the roller with JB weld and top it off with a washer that stays on, then when its hardened just try to break it free. Or even while its half dry then the JB weld inside acts as a filler. And it stays even and straight.

westexun

Frequent Racer
Dec 27, 2008
They are repopin' the hinges now. I bought two new uppers for my 80 from OPGI and they're about half of what you'll pay for NOS stuff. You can get the lowers also, but I just put new pins and bushings in the ones I had. The guy told me there is only one vendor for them so I imagine they all come from the same place,but the ones I have are stenciled with OPGI.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!