Complete weather and rubber strips kit?

Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
Is anyone selling a complete kit of all rubber and weather strips and seals for a 79 2door Malibu?

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
Not sure if they have a complete kit, But they sell them separate. Doug
originalpartsgroup.com
elcaminostore.com
nationalpartsdepot.com

bdazgmc

Daily Driver
Mar 13, 2011
Henderson,Kentucky
i know that soft seal makes a kit for the 82 to 88 that you can get from summit so mabey it would be worth contacting soft seal directly

79BuOwner

Amateur Racer
Jul 11, 2011
http://www.dixiemontecarlodepot.com A kit of all window felts doors inner outer and quarters - 84.95 i think give or take a dollar. and the door rubber is 55.00 and the roof rail rubber is 59.00, im buying all of them here real soon. best money spent IMO

gman415

Dragway Regular
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga
Do these kits have the "reinforcement" on the end of the door rubber? Where it ties to the glass. Mine (I can't remember who I got them from) when I roll my window down the rubber goes with it because there is no molded in plastic "reinforcement"

79BuOwner

Amateur Racer
Jul 11, 2011
as far as like a plastic underside that the screws go through? then yes, they do have a plastic piece in that holds em in place, so i don't see how they could go down.

gman415

Dragway Regular
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga
79BuOwner said:
as far as like a plastic underside that the screws go through? then yes, they do have a plastic piece in that holds em in place, so i don't see how they could go down.
Ya, that's what I was talking about. Mine, the rubber sticks to the glass as the glass goes down the rubber goes with it. Pulls the rubber off the screw and down into the door.

79BuOwner

Amateur Racer
Jul 11, 2011
hmmm, interesting, il have to look at that il be putting my new door weatherstrips on in a day or two, the ones i got from dixie, then when the doors get mounted il check to see if it does that, il letcha know.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!