need help with g body headers big block part number

406kidd

Amateur Racer
Jan 7, 2007
albany ny
please can anyone help me with a part number and brand of anyone that makes a 2and1/8 header for the g body i only see 2 inch in the hooker catalog thanks

A

Anonymous

Don't have part #'s but either Stahl or Lemmons headers make them in 2 1/8" for a g-body I believe.

McFly

Dragway Regular
May 22, 2003
Evansville, IN
There aren't any available.

Hooker #2241's are 2" tube and if you want anything bigger than that, you have to build them yourself, or drop mega $$ on Stahl, or Lemons stuff.

I thought I read that someone on here used a 2 1/8" header for the earlier Chevelle. I don't remember all the details, so maybe someone else will chime in.

Scott

454mali

Dragway Regular
Jan 26, 2006
Cleveland OH
I read somewhere about people using the 2241's in 65 chevelles and they fit perfect. So maybe if there is a 2 1/8 header for the chevelle it will fit. I have never tried this and have no need to so who knows.

78maliburat

Frequent Racer
Sep 24, 2006
cleburne texas
headers

i used summit brand headers for a 77 chevelle big block had to notch drivers side motor mount for down tube on passenger side had to heat clearance tube for upper a frame on both tubes they rub on a frame mount i moved tubes down and arond mounts it cost me 40$ to have it done total cost 120.00 total i put bare block in car bare heads started from there trial error :p :p :p :p

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!