Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » CLASSIFIEDS » Bad Guys List

Post subject: 434malibu and 9--sec--bu
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:19 pm 
Dragway Regular

I really hate to be sour about things but this whole deal kind of got to me. I don't know if you saw 434malibu's ad for the back-halfed malibu he has under the car section. But I contacted him and asked if he would want to do a trade for my stock suspension car, which after I sent him some pictures he really wanted it. So i told him it was gonna take me a week or 2 to get the motor and trans out, which he was fine with. It took about 3 weeks and the whole time I was in contact with him and he was still not uneasy with me...which was good. I finally got all my stuff out and gave him a call, sent a few e-mails, and after a few days I got a call from him and he said that last sunday was no good, he had work. I obviously understand because I took so long to get my car stripped that I didn't wanna push to hard myself. Then I happen to notice that a new member by the name 9--sec--bu is in the same town also has a 79 malibu built by ed quay racecars and needs fiberglass bumpers like 434malibu's did...a little fishy??? I really just wanna get the car and I don't wanna jump through hoops, but after all this it makes me think I got took for a ride. Hopefully Dan will see this and we can straighten this whole thing out.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:23 pm 
Dragway Regular

i seen the malibu before on here and on craigslist for sale/trade, i seen the you guys were trading. now you took your ride apart and he's not responding..that sucks!!! i hope everything works out for you ](*,)

85 monte carlo ss
406 sbc/glide 3.73 rear

85 monte carlo ls
355 sbc/th350 3.42 rear

86 monte carlo ss project
396 bbc/super t10 4 speed in the works

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:20 pm 
Dragway Regular

I mean its not a huge deal, maybe now I'll do my frame notch and a few other things I was planning on doing but it just really ticks me off that he would return my phone calls all the time before all this and as soon as I was done and ready he wont even have the decency to call or even email me that he doesnt wanna do the deal anymore. To me that is a real smack in the face. And I have tried to be nice and understanding, but I dont want this guy to burn anybody as bad as he did to me.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:42 pm 

sikmalibu is right ,, he did not hear from me...i was out of town on an asbestos removal job which he knew about,,,while at the job site i got rushed to the hospital for a very bad infection in my arm,,and was admitted in the hospital,,,,i don't know if anybody reading this knows what asbestos can do to you ,,,but i do ,,,i had 3 uncles pass away from working with this stuff and i have 2 young boys and i was not even chancing it ,,not for a car or for anything else,,,i waited for him for a month ,,,all of the sudden he did not hear from me he should have known something happened,,,i am sorry any of this even happened,,,,as far as 9--sec--bu,,that is one of my best friends that has pretty much the same car,,,,,so again sorry brian and if i remember you have a kid to so put your self in my shoes

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:35 am 
Dragway Regular

ok... so you got tied up with the hospital while away at work. Understandable... are you kids going to go through with this trade or what?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:29 pm 
Dragway Regular

No turns out this guy likes to play games. He actually called me to see what kind of cash offer I would take and said he was very interested....once again he blew me off after that phone call. And I see it posted on racingjunk like every other day Haha. I don't really care I will figure out something with my car I just don't understand people that screw people over on deals. Its like they get off on it. I have to say I never a bad experience til this and I'm forced to be extra careful now.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:27 pm 
Frequent Racer

they just like when people call them..... it makes them feel like they have friends again.

I hate when people make an ad to sell something and they won't answer the phone or never have the time to meet up, when you try to sell something make sure you are READY to actually get rid of it.

They sometimes even sell whatever it was they were trying to sell and never take off the ad so people keep calling them. DELETE OLD ADS!!

1981 El Camino, 350 4-bolt with flat top pistons, forged I-beam rods, Speed-pro bearings, crane 272 energizer cam (.454 lift), stock 062 vortec heads, 1.52 roller rockers, 670 street avenger, Weiand stealth air strike manifold, th350 with B&M shift kit, other mods and 2600 Jegs stall converter, stock rear end with 3.73's

Board index » CLASSIFIEDS » Bad Guys List