What gaskets for these components?

Malibuysi

Weekend Racer
May 6, 2009
Southern PA.
Been a ford guy for the last 15yrs, purchased my first Bu' a few months ago. Been collecting parts
over the last two months and I'm at the point of putting everything together. Only thing, I'm not
to sure on what gaskets to use like I was with the ford stuff. SBC 355 13.1:

* Intake gasket? (using Victor Jr and WorldProduct heads)
* Header gaskets?( Hooker SuperComp 1 3/4")
* Oil Pan gasket?( one piece/two piece with after market pan)

Trying to get car done for Ocean City cruise in Oct., will have this car completed
for under 5K. My friends are calling it RecessinBu'

Thanks

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
for your heads and intake use the ones that come in the ks2600 kit, for the headers see what hooker recommends.

TNTS79

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2006
Illiniois
I recommend the one piece fel-pro oil pan gasket... I have used both and the one piece fel-pro is worth the extra cost!

deanz406

Frequent Racer
Dec 25, 2007
Latrobe,Pa
:-k 1- I would use the Victor P/N 5746 head gasket-- I've been using them on stock car, and drag motors, and haven't had one go bad yet. I have seen the regular blue Fel-Pro's fail numerous times, and switched to the Victor race gasket. Another nice thing about the Victor 5746, is that it is only .026 compressed thickness, where the Fel-Pro is .041. You could spend a lot more, and go with Cometics, but they are a bit pricey, and really not a necessity on an average street/strip motor with iron heads. 2.- The Fel-Pro 1205 intake gasket should work well, and match up with the World heads, but I would trim up the Victor jr intake ports up a little to match the intake gasket, and the head. 3.-- If ur block is an early one with the left hand dipstick, the Fel-Pro P/N 1880, one piece pan gasket will be well worth the investment, and I've never had one leak. Good Luck-- Dean 8)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts