WHAT DO I NEED TO SWITCH FROM SAGINAW TO MUNCIE. NEED HELP!

LIVE4RDO

Frequent Racer
Jul 21, 2010
Staten Island, NY
Hey everyone. I'm switching from Saginaw with Hurst to Muncie with Hurst. What modifications do I have to do? I was told that I would have to relocate the opening. Is that true? I was also told that I can modify shifter linkage from Saginaw Hurst to use on Muncie in the factory location.

Please help.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Re: WHAT DO I NEED TO SWITCH FROM SAGINAW TO MUNCIE. NEED H

The same transmission crossmember and mount can be reused.

The floor hump will need to be moved rearward.

No modification to clutch linkage required; same bellhousing is used.

Check which side the speedometer cable fitting is on the Muncie; you may need a longer cable.

Your driveshaft can be reused.

There is no provision for a reverse lamp switch on the Muncie, but a bracket may be available; Tommy used this special bracket.

shvrolay

Dragway Regular

Hurst sells this piece to hook up your reverse lights, kind of Barney-Rubblefied, but........it works.

backup.JPG

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HUU-2480003/

HTH

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA

I'm almost certain That you can reuse the Hurst linkage, but you need to get the muncie adapter plate. Is the muncie your using bolts of studs for the linkage rods? Makes a difference. Speedo cable is passenger side in the back on muncies..... I personally used a '68-'70 chevelle Hurst shifter setup and it required only minor trimming of the tunnel from the fsctory location. I did not move the tunnel back as mentioned above, no issues been on the road 2 years. That revearse light switch is what I used, Its not great but does the job. If you intend to drive yours in bad weather you might consider a sealed switch instead

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey

I used the switch for a late 70s to early 80's Corvette Muncie 4 speed. It bolts on with (2) of the side cover bolts & is weatherproofed. I had that other switch once. It was ok, but a pain to set up.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts