well got my motor pulled out today getting ready for the ls

stang3191

Amateur Racer
Sep 27, 2010
rock island il
86 cutlass just pulled my 400sb out,im starting to clean the engine bay up alot i have a quick question im looking at alot of different motor mounts,mainly at jegs if im using my same trans (turbo 350) and want to keep it in the stock location?do i need to just buy ls1 motor mounts for a sbc car or do i need to buy one with a 1in setback?

stang3191

Amateur Racer
Sep 27, 2010
rock island il
Re: well got my motor pulled out today getting ready for the

can someone give me a link to what motor mounts i need for my car,i want to order the mounts tomorrow or monday.ive been looking around but they all to seem a little different not really sure which ones will work?

stang3191

Amateur Racer
Sep 27, 2010
rock island il
Last edited by a moderator:

bigmandengo

Weekend Racer
Apr 22, 2010
madison, wi

If your dead set on the set back plates, I wouldnt use the trans-dapt ones. Ive tried them and many others on ls1tech and they fit like crap. Look at the carshop inc set back plates, they fit wonderful and I think they are cheaper.

stang3191

Amateur Racer
Sep 27, 2010
rock island il

the only reason im looking at the setback plated cause i want to keep my trans were its at and not have to get a new driveshaft.

ive been doing alot of reading and for me to keep me trans in the stock location and not worry about is i have to get the 1in setback motor mounts?

stang3191

Amateur Racer
Sep 27, 2010
rock island il

i think im going to go with the car shop inc. 1in setback motor mounts i talk to the guy on the phone he seem pretty cool and told me what i needed.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts