Turn Signal Switch

79BuOwner

Amateur Racer
Jul 11, 2011
Dixiemontecarlo sells two a coulmn shift and floor shift. ebay sells a mess of em but it says with or without cornering lamps. I don't know what to buy without getting the wrong one? Help? Is there a difference between column shift and floor shift? I can't think of anything that would be different.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I didn't know tilt/non tilt were different either... I think the cornering lamps option is with separate turn signal bulbs in the rear.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
True "cornering lamps" were never a Malibu option, so you can eliminate that altogether. Cornering lamps are clear bulbs & lenses on the fenders that illuminate the side of the road when the turn signal is on.
Monte LS, Regal or Grand Prix may have had them, but if not, I think maybe what they mean by "cornering lamp" is the front fender sider mounted signals that alternated flashing with the front signals on the 82 & 83 Malibu...

Tommy

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Doober said:
What about the hardtofind euro lenses? Did they just use the same harness?

I thought the euro lenses were on the rear only?

Tommy

Al

Pro Stocker
May 25, 2003
Harker Heights, TX
Count the wires on your switch harness. Will be either 10 or 13. 13 is with the corner lamps.

79BuOwner

Amateur Racer
Jul 11, 2011
dixie didnt give an option of cornering lamps or not, it was either a column shift or floor shift car that told the difference between the switchs, that shouldnt affect it. so i should be looking for a t/s that is without cornering lamps? correct? how can ebay sell em around 25 dollars and dixie wants close to 50. thats why im skeptical on which one to get. i have no clue, so many people are saying different things.

Al

Pro Stocker
May 25, 2003
Harker Heights, TX
Check Rockauto.com. I just bought one a couple weeks ago and they have some cheaper than Dixie Monte Carlo. I splurged and bought the actual AC Delco part. Probably the same part in a different box but it made me feel better. :)

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Often times you'll find everyday/semi-everyday service parts like this (or other things like starters, typical ignition parts) will be cheaper on the big name sites like Autozone, RockAuto, etc. than they are on smaller sites like Dixie just because of the sheer volume the bigger names can purchase in bulk.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts