Turbo Olds??

3xBrowncutty

Amateur Racer
Jun 21, 2009
Erie, Pa
Do any of you guys have any info on a SBO turbo build? I'm looking into what all needs to be done to make it happen. I'm not very knowledgeable about tutbo's yet, so any info helps. I am thinking of running two Garrett T3's from the turbo T-birds. This link got me thinking...
http://sdsefi.com/features/dec00supra.htm

The only problem would be routing the exhaust into each turbo, (withought spending a fortune) I was thinking maybe shorty headers and fab a custom pipe. My buddy is a welder, so he will be a big help here :D . I would mount the turbos in front behid the innermost headlight ('83 olds)

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I see you're in Erie, my buddy lives in Pittsburgh & has inspections there... I'm not sure what it's like there but out here in AZ you have to be tested if you live in Tucson, Phoenix or their surrounding areas.

Good luck on putting a turbo in on the cheap. The hardest part will probably be finding a set of headers to fit your application, then making everything fit since there isn't a G-Body specific turbo kit for an Olds that I know of.

3xBrowncutty

Amateur Racer
Jun 21, 2009
Erie, Pa
Dang... Forgot about inspection. Well lets say I can get it past ;)

There is a g-body kit, but it's a cheap ebay jobber but only for the SBC. I wouldn't want ebay turbos anyways.

I was thinking a possibility would be to just use a set of shorty headers, and custom bend or weld a pipe to go to each turbo. The pipe would obviously go down angling towards the front of the car, and then back up a little.

Or I could invest in a single, bigger turbo and just run manifolds which have a crossover pipe to the pass. side engine compartment.

alowerlevel

Frequent Racer
May 30, 2008
South Jersey 08109
Read http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php

elreyyakko

Daily Driver
May 6, 2010
flip ur stock manifolds around, the make a crossover and link up the turbo, finally, just connect the downpipe to the exhuast, its what i had done in my olds 307 cutlass cruiser g body, my cuz has atwin turbo 1969 olds cutlass, but its chevy powered, so that wont help u, good luck.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts