Trans Am vs Corvette fuel rails

veltboy618

Weekend Racer
Nov 12, 2009
Granite City, IL
I'm thinking about buying this LS1 intake from a 2000 Trans Am with the injectors & the fuel rail from a guy. I was reading that the Corvette fuel rails have 2 hoses that connect to the rails vs. one hose to the rails on the Trans Am intake in the pics below. Are the Corvette rails better than the rails with the one hose hook up?

501ab75d.jpg

4f1b4554.jpg

2bb9b931.jpg

c25d8df5.jpg

bigmandengo

Weekend Racer
Apr 22, 2010
madison, wi
Corvette and f-body use the same rails. The difference in rails is related to the year of the engine. 97-98 ls1 engines had pressure and return fittings on the fuel rails and did not require an external mounted regulator. The 99-up fuel rails only had 1 fitting and they require the fuel to be regulated before the rails. Neither is better than the other. It depends on how you want to setup your fuel system. A popular option is to use the corvette filter/regulator as they are very cheap.

Slp00bluess

Daily Driver
Dec 8, 2012
Mid-Michigan
Dont forget tho, there are other things that are going to come into play with that as far as the years on the intakes go. 01-02 fbodies had the "Z06" intake with larger ports and no A.I.R as the 98-00 f cars had smaller ports and A.I.R

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts