TH350 Manual Low

jays81malibu

Weekend Racer
Jan 18, 2005
London, Ontario, Canada
A few years ago when I was a little less inclined to work on my own transmission I had someone install a B&M Transpak for my TH350C. The kit worked great for about 2 weeks until I melted some internals, which lead me to my second transmission along with a transcooler.

The transmission guy I had to change the kit over said he moved everything into the other transmission and it felt like he did. It's been years since then and now I use manual low for racing but it still shifts by itself at 4000RPM, which makes me think that he didn't remove the special sleeve that was used in the shift kit that you need to put in place of the Manual low control spring, whether he couldn't get it out of the old one and just left it, then just used a spring in this one, or just forgot. I'm not sure

Do you guys think this would likely be the case? If I do open it up can I just remove the spring and not put in a 'special sleeve'? What is the purpose of it?

Thanks in advance!

Redcutlass

Amateur Racer
Sep 28, 2003
Ft Walton Beach FL
You can remove the VB and take out the end plug for the low control valve, drop in a 3/16" steel check ball anbd reinstall the end plug and it'll never shift to 2nd until you move the shifter. I'll also go back to low at any speed so be careful. You may also have to grind a little off the valve or the end plug to make it fit where you can get the retaining pin back in place.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts