Swap help?

Deuce4935

Frequent Racer
Nov 19, 2007
Chicago, Il
Does the vaccum vent line have to be connected to the gas tank in order for the fuel to return properly? My engine is stalling,shutting off and idling very bad and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the vac/vent line not being connected to the tank. I've already replaced the fuel pressure reg and the intank pump. Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
check the fuel pressure, it should be around 50+ psi at idle...then increase to 60+ when you floor it or take the regulator vacuum off...Mine is doing the same thing, I figure its building pressure so Im just going to run a vented tank and check the return line...

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Is is supposed to be vented or non-vented. The reason I ask is because I know that if you leave off the gas cap, it can cause an error code. This would lead me to believe that it is not supposed to be vented? Of course, I could be completely wrong here. :?

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
normally it woudl be, but on mine I dont have any fuel-emission stuff, its all turned off in the computer also.

A

Anonymous

I used the factory charcoal line as my return and there was no vent for the tank so it was under too much vacuum at first, then I just drilled a 1/16 hole in the gas cap so it could breathe and it was fine. Mine too had all the emissions stuff turned off.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts