s10 manual steering box years?

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
This modification is simple and quick. It removes weight, cleans-up underhood appearance, and removes the HP sucking power steering pump from the engine. All that is required is finding and installing a 82-91 (years I'm sure that fit) S-10 pickup truck with manual steering. These should be PLENTIFUL in the scrap yards. It is a direct bolt-on. Simply remove your old power steering box by removing the steering link rod from the pitman arm. Then remove the bolt in the steering column shaft that connects the shaft to the steering box. Slide the column shaft back. Next remove the 3 bolts that mounts the steering box to the frame. Re-install the new manual box in reverse order. If the pitman arm is different than the stock one, you will have to use a pitman-arm-removal-tool and swap those out. Some have said that you may have to use the existing pitman arm from your stock steering box. I found that this was not true in my case. I used a manual steering box from a 1989 S-10 pickup

JamesC459

Amateur Racer
Mar 30, 2004
fitzwilliam NH
anything with a saginaw bow will fit.look on mid 80s jeeps.they have the same box too.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts