rear springs with different rates

A

Anonymous

sitting and staring at my rear suspension I notice that one coil has more turns to it than the other.

I put in a 1/2" lowering spring set several years ago and didn't recall the rears being set up this way, but i guess they are.

Which side should have the spring with more turns? I took a look at the graphics on the moroso site for their trick springs. It seems their rear trick springs do this same thing, place two different spring rates in the back to help level out the launch. The graphic shows the spring with more turns on the left. Someone help me understand which spring may have a higher spring rate...

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Generally, the more turns a spring has, the lower its' rate will be when compared to another spring with the same diameter wire with less turns. The spring with the higher rate should be installed on the passenger side.

Tommy

A

Anonymous

I have been scratching my head for a while wondering why the left rear seems a little higher than the right. I put these springs in about 6 years ago I think. I really don't recall the brand or anything else about them other than the fact they are 1/2" lower. As I have them installed right now the spring with more coils in it is on the passenger side. It sits slightly higher on the driver side.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts