Pulse Wiper Troubleshooting Guide

MalibuAB

Daily Driver
Aug 4, 2009
Ft. McMurray AB, CANADA
Does anyone have a guide from a service manual or any troubleshooting procedures for the motor and parts inside the assembly itself? i have 12VDC at the white wire and ground is good ? I can see arcing at one of the relays but not sure if there are checks i can do on the motor or anything else in the whole assembly. The gearing looks to be in good shape and i really don't want to shell out $300.00 cnd for a rebuilt one, any help would be appreciated thanks !! :)

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
For a Malibu???
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1055034&parttype=8824

MalibuAB

Daily Driver
Aug 4, 2009
Ft. McMurray AB, CANADA
Holy S--T its only $94.00 on that site !! what a rip off up here man , ill have to look around i guess. i was thinking that my motor was shorted, but have no info. Might go to the wreckers and see what i can find , bring a battery and see if i can find one that works...

MalibuAB

Daily Driver
Aug 4, 2009
Ft. McMurray AB, CANADA
I called my local Napa and that s what the guy told me after he looked it up... i think ill go down and aske em to run the # again. It seems a bit ridiculous , but its canadian price and im way the hell up north !

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Good question...
I remember way back when I had an '84 Delta 88, had delay wipers. One day they either wouldn't stop running, or wouldn't turn on at all, I forget which (it was back in high school). My dad did something with it, but I think basically there's a delay board in the motor, and it was shot, so he did something with the wiring... after that it was either low & high or just one speed, either way the wipers worked somewhat normal again. Wiper motors are still one of those mysterious realms I haven't messed with yet.

80 MICH BU

Dragway Regular
Oct 26, 2004
Northern Michigan
Yeah I just picked up another motor from a member becuase my pump wasn't working .... the connectors are the same but inside the plastic cover there are more electronics in there ... so I'm assuming his 1980 had pulse. The part # on mine was 20009395 and his was 20009396. Maybe it will work.... but trying to make sure.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts