my lq9/4l80 stuff w/ pics

A

Anonymous

interested in the part number for that trans cross member, doing the same combo in mine but with a bigger cam and converter.. how did everything line up when putting it in? the motor mounts and trans.

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
There are a few options for crossmembers. You can get at iceman on here as one of the sponsors, tell him which transmission you are using and he'll get you a crossmember. You can also go to www.brphotrods.com and use their swap parts for a transmission...or third option is for transdapt's make it yourself crossmember, which allows you to do the angles and gives you a bunch of tubing to make it.

Motor mounts from transdapt that sit the motor back 1" are what most people are using, some are using the BRP htorods ones as well. It is really up to you what you want to use. My motor lined up just fine, and I know youc ant see from pictures, but I ended up welding my mounts in there. Won't ever make enough HP to worry about breaking them, but if you think you may ever go back to old school I don't recommend it.

With a bigger cam, some head work, and a stall, I betcha you can hit a low/mid 12 stock. My car still needs to get grip, but should be mid/high 12s when we get the bugs out.

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
blubaldmontess said:
There are a few options for crossmembers. You can get at iceman on here as one of the sponsors, tell him which transmission you are using and he'll get you a crossmember. You can also go to http://www.brphotrods.com and use their swap parts for a transmission...or third option is for transdapt's make it yourself crossmember, which allows you to do the angles and gives you a bunch of tubing to make it.

Motor mounts from transdapt that sit the motor back 1" are what most people are using, some are using the BRP htorods ones as well. It is really up to you what you want to use. My motor lined up just fine, and I know youc ant see from pictures, but I ended up welding my mounts in there. Won't ever make enough HP to worry about breaking them, but if you think you may ever go back to old school I don't recommend it.

With a bigger cam, some head work, and a stall, I betcha you can hit a low/mid 12 stock. My car still needs to get grip, but should be mid/high 12s when we get the bugs out.

So which transmission crossmemer did you buy? Was it ment for a 700R4 originally but still worked for a 4L60/80E transmission?

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
my crossmember is the old school icemans 200r4, and it took a little...coarsing, but it fit in there and holds the transmission well, though it isn't a permenant solution, it works for now.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts