Monte ss egr delete?

breakneck88

Feb 5, 2011
I have a 1987 Monte Carlo SS that's getting a 400hp vortec headed 350 next week. My build is almost done. Problem is I'm trying to keep the computer controlled carb and dizzy. But vortecs can't run an egr. So I'm looking for.options. Does anyone know someone who can burn an egr delete prom or have one for sale. Also is there a way to run an egr remotely? I can't justify the gmpp intake. Any idea?

breakneck88

Feb 5, 2011
Thanks for the link. I ha e been on the SS sight a hundred times. The only way I have found is to run the gmpp intake. but that is an expensive intake. It's probably cheaper to do away with egr. Then I can use2116 Eddie intake. . That site is great but not as lot about performance like u find here.

Damon

Pro Stocker
Feb 7, 2005
Philly Area
I'd check out THirdgen.org for chip tuning info, even though it's 3rd gen F-body stuff. The L69 and the system that controls it is nearly the same in the F-body as it was in the G-body.

FYI- the EGR system on a computer controlled carb motor had no DIRECT feedback to the ECM. The ECM could only INFER if it was operating as it should. If it ever throws the "penalty flag" it's going to be in extended highway driving (constant pedal). About half the time the ECM can't even figure out it's been defeated. About HALF the time.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts