Manual Brake issues

nowukno

Dragway Regular
Sep 26, 2004
s.california
I just finished my manual brake swap on the El camino and I am having problems already.i got the trz kit with the strange master cylinder 1.032 bore.The system was bled bled an re bled,the master was bench bled.This is also on a 4 wheel disc system with the wilwood prop valve and the factory combo valve removed,The problem im having is ,when i drive the car the pedel feels great,and then from out of nowhere the pedal drops to the floor on the next brake application i can pump it up fine,have pedal for a few miles and then it will do it again.. I have all new lines,cant detect any external leaks anywhere.Soo, my question is could I have by chance gotten a bad master cylinder that is allowing fluid bypass? I mean nothing against TRZ But sometimes this kind of thing happens,and its not the retailers fault at all,just want to know if i need to get another master cylinder thats all..Help me out. please..Front calipers are ssbc quick change 2 piston 1.496 diam pistons and rear gm metric single piston non e brake..

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Sounds like a bad master to me. That's exactly what my Firebird used to do.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts