LS Swap update

78Bu88SS

Dragway Regular
Nov 1, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
12.28@110 first run on the new combo, 1.74 60ft. Best MPH was 111.4

All I did was put on the Hoosiers, otherwise it was in full street trim, full interior, etc. I couldn't footbrake the car over 2400-2500 (and I was able to get to 3300-3400 a handful of times on the street). I'm gonna take a look at my rear brakes and see if I can make em hold better. If I can get my 60ft down some, I might be able to squeeze an 11 out of it. Any takers?

BTW, drove the car 150 miles to the track, made 4 runs, and drove 150 miles home. No issues at all.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Do like all the GN guys and put S10 rear wheel cylinders to help hold the rear brakes. Cheap easy effective rear brake upgrade for racing.

78Bu88SS

Dragway Regular
Nov 1, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
Exactly my plan, gonna pick up a set of wheel cylinders for a 85 s10 with manual brakes. Hopefully that'll solve my problem.

larryg

Frequent Racer
Jun 6, 2008
Western Mass
".....a person not running a/c" What would the differences be if a/c was involved? I'm assuming the headers. Also, would you say going with the carb set up was easier/ less money than going with the stock efi? I'm also interested in knowing how many $$$s past the original engine purchase do this run? I'm starting from scratch getting rid of a 6 and want to start by making as few mistakes as possible. Thanks and very impressive track numbers too!

crd89stang

Dragway Regular
Jun 19, 2005
attleboro ma
looks really good but watch that battery cable when it gets hot make sure it doesnt sag onto the header. Then again it might be further away then the picture makes it look

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
larryg said:
".....a person not running a/c" What would the differences be if a/c was involved? I'm assuming the headers. Also, would you say going with the carb set up was easier/ less money than going with the stock efi? I'm also interested in knowing how many $$$s past the original engine purchase do this run? I'm starting from scratch getting rid of a 6 and want to start by making as few mistakes as possible. Thanks and very impressive track numbers too!

It would be cheaper going carbed, but probably not by much. You'd have to get the carb (obviously), the intake/coil controller set is something around $600 alone, plus you would probably need to plumb the fuel system slightly different than EFI. On EFI you'd have everything, could use a stock TBI sending unit from a Monte (high pressure pump in the TBI pump's place), plumb a return line, and have a wiring harness done (I believe they can be up to $500 or so for a plug & play). Far as the a/c part goes, I've read of issues with the a/c box clearing the coils I think.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts