low mount alternator

A

Anonymous

I am changing over to electric water pump and electric rad fans. I want to keep my alternator. There is not enough room to mount a low mount alternator on the drivers side between the balancer and the steering box. The idler arm and rad hose is in the way on the passenger side. I am looking for alternative ideas. Pics would be helpful.

flowmaster_chevy

Pro Stocker
Jul 18, 2003
Southeast Tennessee
is it a big block car or small block? if its a big block car ill take a pic of my buddies setup where he used a small block low mount kit and made a mid-mount type setup.

A

Anonymous

march has a real nice mid mount pass. side mount for around $100 works very nice with an electric waterpump...I got tired of trying to keep my home made one straight and the march looked a lot better so i used it...btw i am running sbc

TRAVIS

Amateur Racer
Feb 1, 2007
MORRISTOWN TN
I used a simple setup
CutlassPics001-1.jpg
I used a 3/4 inch steel spacer bolted it to the head and had to cut a small notch at the top of the lower hose where it goes onto the pump to clear the belt Ill take better pics when I get a chance and show you all the details up close.

blown78prostreetbu

Daily Driver
Mar 3, 2008
West Jefferson ohio
i have a 78 malibu small block with a lower alternator mount on drivers side with march set up had to modifie the lower mout to get alternator to swing in closer to motor to work it easy to do it clears the steering box and pitman arm sorry dont have a pic to show

k9

Dragway Regular
May 22, 2003
CHICAGO
I am doing the same thing and you need to get a mid mount kit. The guys on here enlightened me on http://www.alangrovecomponents.com That where I just got my mid mount for the electric water pump #236R-$55.00
There was a post where guys sent pics of their engine and it had lots of pics
with the same set ups but I havent been able to find it. Maybe somebody will pull it
up.

A

Anonymous

I have the pass. side mount from March--looks good!!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts