Iceman's lightweight crossmember

cherp22

Top Fueler
Apr 12, 2004
Roxana, IL
I am running 3 1/2" exhaust with room for more with one of Rick's lightweight xmembers.

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
i had a g-force but after replacing my body mount bushings w/ the energy sus ones the hump in the g-force was touching my floor rather than chance crushing my floor i went iceman i dont race but i am extremely happy with it hers a couple pics but its 2.5 pipe and like posted above the total ship wieght w/box etc was 8Lbs
summitexhaust004.jpg
summitexhaust003.jpg

Toyin

Daily Driver
Jun 4, 2009
I had a stock one that the previous owner used and it looked like crap. I ordered the iceman and running 3'' exhaust and it fit great. Rick's a good welder as well.

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
I love my Iceman crossmember. My dad wanted me to just get the Jegs one because it would be shipped quicker and it's a little cheaper but I'm glad I went with Rick's unit and I couldn't be any happier. Well, maybe I could be if it stopped my trans leak. :lol:

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
i have the same problem with the g force x member i picked up. it hits my floor. i'd love to trade someone for an iceman x member...but good luck finding one close to me!!

C LOWERY

Frequent Racer
Nov 2, 2004
Bates City, MO
I have one with my 400 and it fits very well. My only issue with it is that I believe the transmission mount pad seems to be about 1/2" low in relation to the stock crossmember in my opinion. A half inch shim on the trans mount took care of that problem. I also agree that it has a little bit of flex but I don't think it is to much to be a problem.

The ICEMAN piece is a QUALITY piece. I use mine for DRAG racing only and have no problems so far.

swapmeetjunkbu

Amateur Racer
Nov 9, 2008
N. Iowa
I got my iceman crossmember in and it fits great. I agree that it sets about 1/2" lower than stock. Shimed up trans mount and driveshaft loop for my 4 speed. Actually allowed a little more clearence for shifter linkage and not really changing the driveshaft angle too much. Other than that I think it is really nice. There is room for about any size exhaust and it is really well made and superlight.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts