Has anyone attempted (or thought to try) mechanical linkage?

wiseman79

Top Fueler
Dec 18, 2004
Central Virginia
www.performancetech.net
C3's are '68 to '82. There are pics of it installed somewhere on corvetteforum.com, I'll see if I can find them. Or better yet I know if you email speedhound they'll send you pics or a link, like I said the guy has been very helpful to me in my LS1 conversion (in a C3 though), even in subjects that don't directly relate to his products.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
My thinking is that it'll be the same spot as any other SBC. The z-bar will be specific to the Corvette.

wiseman79

Top Fueler
Dec 18, 2004
Central Virginia
www.performancetech.net
Found these pics of someone trying to adapt a bracket made to add mechanical linkage to late model big blocks to use with an LS1. The caption with the pics is below as well, I lifted this info from corvetteforum.com, sorry I keep referencing corvette stuff but it's what I'm familiar with when it comes to LS swaps so I hope the info applies and is helpful.
DSC00844Small.jpg

DSC00845Small.jpg

"Here is the part that does not look like it is going to work well. This is the Scoggins Dickey bracket that is made for the BB. There is a square block behind the bracket that I think can be cut and then the bracket will work. I just need to get some verification on that first. Anyone know if it is okay to cut this block behind the bracket just enough to clear the clutch bracket?"

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
That's quite a bit further forward than the ballstud would be on a G-Body. Those on a G are directly above the oil filter pad. I don't see why it would be any trouble to make such a bracket though. The info we already have has more than satisfied my question :lol: Now we just need an adapter bracket for G-Bodies ;)

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Going back & looking at the pics... see the SDPC logo?
DSC00844Small.jpg

Lookee what I found :D party_guitar.gif
http://sdparts.com/details/scoggin-dickey-parts-center/sdcb
SDCB_full.jpg

Now the $600 question, what manifolds or headers will a)fit a G-Body with b)mechanical linkage??

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts