For those who have made the LSx swap so far...

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
Looks like my ECM is fried on my DFI...I will most likely be making the LSx plunge soon unless they warranty this ECM. (Doubtful as its out of warranty now). I am just about done putting money into GEN I stuff.

So to my point...For those that have done this swap:

Would you do it all over again? (I suspect an overwhelming response of yes to this)
What are some major things you've learned and would do differently the second time around?
Any general advice for someone considering the swap?
Any thoughts on LQ4 vs LQ9? My gut is sorta saying LQ4 for the lower compression if I decide to throw some boost to it.

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
1. yes
2. would have done it sooner
3. get a complete motor....coil packs, acc., as mch as you can get.
4. some basic motor, different pistons, take whatever you can get your hands on, some add alot to the price just for the LQ9 name.

A

Anonymous

I would definetly do it again. I was did my swap 7 years ago. I think I was one of the first. I would recommend getting your oil pan and motor mounts from john b. That way you don't have to notch the craddle for clearence. My issue was getting good headers. I used a set of F body mac headers the pass side fit with denting tubes. The drivers side had to be cut and rewelded to work. Now I have a set of Hooker 1 7/8 headers. Drivers side bolts on no mods. Pass side I had the frame notched for clearence. Best setup I've ever run. Once you go LS1 you will never go back.

Attachments

• OctRSD07fri048.jpg
    OctRSD07fri048.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 812

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
MY FYN 79 said:
Lemme know if the DFI setup gets in your way Craig.
For sale buddy!

http://maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=73652

By the way, I got the ECM back today and it was repaired under warranty. Found the reason it shorted out, fixed that, and fired up the car today. Everyting is back to normal.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts