control arm stop

cutlass389

Frequent Racer
Feb 2, 2009
NC
Isn't this more for really high horsepower, HARD leaving cars? I was under the impression that "real" cars like ours would benefit more from as much weight transfer as possible.

purple barney

Frequent Racer
Mar 29, 2009
Raleigh NC
well that same friend built my first drag car and it ran 7.70's 1/8 mile with a stock 500 cadillac in a 79 transam. that car was not a high horse power car and it 60 footed a lot better then my current car. i guess it wont hurt to give it a shot and see if it makes a difference. you would think with all the suspensions companies on here selling parts one of them would chime in on this :-k

cutlass389

Frequent Racer
Feb 2, 2009
NC
I know in the fourwheeling world that they use limiting straps on the suspension kinda' like little webbed tow straps instead of metal or allthread-kinda' harsh. I had a best 60' of 1.571 last weekend pulling the fronts slightly with no limiters whatsoever. In fact, I haven't spun once since cutting the front springs and trimming the bumpstops for maximum uptravel. As you can see in my avatar pic it used to sit pretty high in front and had very little uptravel.

dasbrdr

Frequent Racer
Jan 22, 2004
Seattle, Wa
In g-bodys, you want all the travel you can get. This is only for cars that have trouble with huge wheelies. It limits the rise of the front end therefor keeping the wheelies to a minimum.

purple barney

Frequent Racer
Mar 29, 2009
Raleigh NC
Bringing back an old thread. I guess my car is high horsepower lol I made some stops because the car was unloading really bad. Im going to cut the travel in half and see if that helps

lilbowtie

Pro Stocker
Oct 5, 2004
Canton Mi.
To answere your question Yes I use an A arm stop-limiter. After reading an artical from Baseline Suspenions I thought I'd give it a try. I tossed the 90/10's and put stock shocks in. Used a snubber (same one off bottom arm) and mounted it to the top a-arm so it makes contact w/ the frame and stops travel. My lights are more consistant and the 60's better. No more hanging the front tires.

bracketchev1221

Dragway Regular
Apr 22, 2009
Mountville Pa
You are on the right track. I had the homemade ones in my chevelle since 1998. I changed to S&W limiters in about 2005. I did find that it helped in the summer to loosen the front end up more. Even with the big tire and "high" hp they still work in my car.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts