blower spark plug gap?

gbodystuff

Amateur Racer
Mar 30, 2009
Iowa
I'm running an .042 with Autolite racing plugs....on a 406 with 300 shot jetting. I had issues with the Stahl headers at first and not being able to use standard plug sizes at first. So we're trying Autolites, then may switch to NGK. We did some "backcountry" dry runs and it ran awesome! It went a little lean upstairs so I did quite a bit of massaging on the 850 DP we are currently running and we eliminated the high RPM leanout problem. I am runnign the Mallory 6 Nitrous control ignition box which has a blue lead that ties into the activation wires for the nos and fuel solenoids. It has dials to manually set the timing retard. According to the Titan plate system, they say you only have to retard 1 degree for every 50 shot which seems hard to believe but we'll try it. I have 9 degrees pulled out just to be safe....I plan to pull 1 degree out at a time as long as it stays out of detonation. To be honest, nitrous controllers and progressive controllers are well worth the money because they serve to take a lot of the guesswork out of nitrous.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts