BBC with stock v6 springs...need help.

turbu

Weekend Racer
Nov 1, 2008
south side chicago
I changed out the drivers front spring (no clue what it was) and was told by a couple people the stock (v6 with a/c) spring will work good. I was expecting the car to sit lower, but I push down on it and theres no give. I try to lift the car by hand and theres no give. It's also sitting higher?!?! lol. I only changed the drivers side for now cuz I'm not sure if I wanna go throught the trouble of changing out the pass. side.

I bought the springs brand new and was just wondering is there a certain amount of time I have to give to let the springs settle? It's an alum. headed bbc.

turbu

Weekend Racer
Nov 1, 2008
south side chicago
Thanks for the responses guys.

Yes, I have been driving the car all summer (before I put the spring in) and yes the spring is in the correct location. I just put the new spring in yesterday and haven't had a chance to do any driving on it yet. I let it sit overnight and it's sitting better with more give to it. And, before I get asked, the shop I got them from painted the top of the spring white, so I know it's not in upside down.

No offense taken at all lol.

turbu

Weekend Racer
Nov 1, 2008
south side chicago
I'm getting there, gotta get these springs figured out and I'm waiting on my anti rollbar/sway bar from HRhardparts....I'll be at 41 Oct 3rd. You ganna be there for the track rental?

racecar77

Pro Stocker
Aug 11, 2007
Crete,IL
For sure Ill be there. Who do you know with R Rides? I saw you there at the last one also. It's always a good time. Daves girlfriends father is a member, that's where I get my tickets. By the way, the front spring deal is a pain in the a$$. Been there. I bought V-8 springs and cut them a little at a time. Taking them in and out 3-4 times sucked, but I'm real good at it now. I have a nice spring compressor if you need to use it. Lee

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
turbu said:
Thanks for the responses guys.

Yes, I have been driving the car all summer (before I put the spring in) and yes the spring is in the correct location. I just put the new spring in yesterday and haven't had a chance to do any driving on it yet. I let it sit overnight and it's sitting better with more give to it. And, before I get asked, the shop I got them from painted the top of the spring white, so I know it's not in upside down.

No offense taken at all lol.

If you move the car/drive it with the new springs, they will settle more than if the car sits stationary.

turbu

Weekend Racer
Nov 1, 2008
south side chicago
racecar77 said:
For sure Ill be there. Who do you know with R Rides? I saw you there at the last one also. It's always a good time. Daves girlfriends father is a member, that's where I get my tickets. By the way, the front spring deal is a pain in the ###. Been there. I bought V-8 springs and cut them a little at a time. Taking them in and out 3-4 times sucked, but I'm real good at it now. I have a nice spring compressor if you need to use it. Lee

My buddy Kevin works with a guy thats in it. He's got a new burnt orange vette.

Front springs are fixed, the shocks are...well...shot! One compresses and rebounds without drama and the other one takes 3x as much effort...new shocks on the way.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts